Multi-Tone Measurement - Full release
Full Release: MTON
MTON , the multi tone-based analysis module is now full released with the new major software update dB-Lab 212 - QC 7.
Multi-tone stimuli are quite useful test signals due to their music-like properties with the advantage of direct distortion measurement at the non-excited spectral bins. Therefore, multi-tone distortion provides a much more realistic picture than a pure sine tone measurement and the corresponding harmonic distortion analysis. MTON has a new option to specify the crest factor (impulsiveness - ratio of peak and rms value of the stimulus) which is important for high power tests and for accurate imitation of real-world music material. Stepping and cycling tests allow automatic thermal and non-linear compression measurements.
Features and Benefits:
- New: Flexible multi-tone stimuli with user definable crest factor
- Fundamental and distortion measurements
- SPL Max and max. voltage according to IEC 60268-21
- Continuous Max. SPL related to ANSI/CEA-2010-B and ANSI/CEA-2034
- New: Compression vs. frequency
- Customizable cycling and stepping
- Protection limits to avoid damage of test objects
- Testing transducers, active and passive speakers
- Compensating frequency jitter induced by digital audio devices or transmission
To protect the device under test, several limits can be defined to avoid damaging when increasing test levels automatically. For transducer or passive systems, electrical, mechanical and acoustical signals can be analyzed and conclusions can be drawn for distortion generating mechanisms. MTON supports testing of any active audio system with wireless connection (e.g., Bluetooth®) and compensates for potential frequency jitter.