Measurement devices for the KET hardware setup are audio amplifiers from the Powersoft Mezzo series with included voltage and current sensing and Dante™ network signal streaming. The corresponding Tech Note TN16 lists all hardware components that are mandatory or optional and describes how they can be combined into a Klippel Endurance Test (KET) system. It will also be used as a hardware selection guide during the ordering process. » For more information, please click on Tech Note TN16.
The KET control device could be any PC fulfilling the Klippel PC requirements. HW interface requirements for this PC are just a LAN connection. A Dante™ Virtual Soundcard license enables the LAN connection to be an audio streaming network. Using a separate LAN connection exclusively for the Dante streaming is recommended for high operational safety although it is not required.
The below listed 4-channel amplifiers (MEZZO 604 AD and MEZZO 324 AD) are recommended due to their flexibility and cost-efficiency and the 2-channel amplifiers (MEZZO 602 AD and MEZZO 322 AD) could optionally be used for small setups.
The 80W/4-channel compact amplifier with DSP and Dante™ is recommended for micro-speakers and headphones.
The 150W/4-channel compact amplifier with DSP and Dante™ is recommended KET default amplifier.
The 150W/2-channel compact amplifier with DSP and Dante™ is an alternative KET amplifier for systems limited to 2 channels.
The 80W/2-channel Compact Amplifier with DSP and Dante™ is an alternative KET amplifier for systems limited to 2 channels.
For complete out-of-the-box packages, the following optional accessories could be chosen:
- Exchanging the DUTs quickly at the front side of the rack
- Using cables with standardized speakON-connectors
- Klippel Speaker Cables could be used, and alligator clips could be used
- speakON-extension cables could be used
- For cost-effective and environmentally friendly setups one speakON-connector at the Patch Bay feeds two DUT channels. The Patch-Bay with its 8 speakON-connectors feeds 16 DUTs
- Klippel Speaker Cables allow connecting two DUTs which could be separated up to 1 m.
- The KET Patch-Bay is equipped with COMBICON connectors for easy mounting into a rack and for plug-play connecting of the smart power amplifiers and DUTs