Sound Pressure and Impedance Task (SPL-IMP)
Optional Modules/ Task for KLIPPEL QC Framework
Features and Benefits
- Measurement Task for the Klippel Analyzer System
- Optimized for quality control applications, such as end-of-line testing
- Included in the Klippel QC Standard and Basic Software package
- Comprehensive testing: Combined testing of acoustic (SPL) and electric (Impedance) test
- Fast testing with high sensitivity: amplitude and speed shaping (testing from 200 ms for full bandwidth)
- Production noise detection to avoid false rejects
- Limits, Grades for all measures
- Online yield, Cpk/Ppk, control rules
- Comprehensive analysis based on chirp / sine sweep for acoustic, mechanical and electrical signals according to IEC 60286
- Amplitude frequency response, opt. windowing
- Average Level, multiple band level
- Phase, polarity, time delay
- Harmonic distortion (THD, 2nd-5th)
- Track down defects: Rub&Buzz, HOHD, air leakage noise
- T/S parameter identification according to IEC 60286
- Vented Box Parameters (fb, Qb)
- Impedance amplitude and phase frequency response
The Sound Pressure and Impedance Task (SPL-IMP) is a comprehensive measurement task dedicated to QC applications. It combines the speed and sensitivity of the SPL task with the precise lumped parameter measurement of the Impedance Task. The excitation signal is a logarithmic chirp that allows very fast testing over the full bandwidth from 200 ms according to IEC standard 60268-5, 21 and 22.
The SPL-IMP offers outstanding sensitivity (identical to the SPL task) for all kinds of distortion caused by undesired dynamics (e.g. rocking modes), manufacturing problems and defects (e.g. Rub & Buzz). Detecting defects with the highest sensitivity requires robustness against any external noise from production (EoL) which is included in this task. Note, that some feature libraries and add-ons are not available for SPL-IMP task.
Options operate as plug ins and extend the functionality of the SPL task. No additional test time is required, all options use or modify the excitation of the SPL task.
- Calculate SPL Resonances
- Sequence Control
- Square Wave Stimulus
License Dongle (USB)
Other Modules of the QC System
Sound Pressure Task (SPL): Measurement of frequency response, THD and Rub & Buzz.
Impedance Task (IMP): Linear Parameter Measurement (TS-Parameter).
Spectrum Analysis (SAN): FFT spectrum, frequency response, A-weighted SPL and distortion with/without noise generator or user-defined stimulus for noise & vibration or audio system testing.
Match Speaker Tool (MSP): Find best matching pairs from a pool of speakers.
Statistics (STAT): Statistical overview of Klippel measurement data (1D and 2D data), poolbased visualization of measures allows quick assessment of variances and comparisons between test object group.
Linear Parameter Measurement (LPM): For intermittent testing (without laser measurement).
Transfer Function Measurement (TRF): Measurement of transfer function and harmonic distortion.
Time Frequency Analysis (TFA): 3D visualization tool vs time and frequency for impulse and time responses using wavelets, filter-bank or STFT.
Live Audio Analyzer (LAA): Long-term monitoring of 5 signals simultaneously, examine time and frequency data, heating and ageing, measure distortion with music or arbitrary stimulus.
Examples of Typical Applications
Driver Test Setup
Passive System Test Setup
Active 2.1 System with Electrical and Acoustical Testing
5.1 System with Electrical and Acoustical Testing
Microphone Test Setup
Alternate Test Setup