Multi-Tone Measurement (MTON)
Features and Benefits
- Multi-tone fundamental and distortion measurements
- Continuous maximum SPL related to ANSI/CEA-2010-B , ANSI/CEA-2034  and IEC 60268-21 
- Thermal compression
- Variable measurement and cooling time durations
- Measurement of active and passive speakers
- Assess performance fast and comprehensive
- Get acoustic “Fingerprint”
- Flexibility on stimulus and threshold setup
- Distortion separation without model
- Temperature protection
The Multi-Tone Measurement (MTON) module provides sound pressure level (SPL) based characteristics using a multi-tone stimulus. MTON offers different measurement modes to provide a high flexibility of measurement procedures.
While the “Single Test” mode performs a single multi-tone measurement, the “Voltage Increment” mode produces an automatic test sequence to obtain the maximum SPL value limited by user-defined thresholds considering driver compression, multi-tone distortion and temperature increase. This flexibility in the threshold and stimulus configuration allows the MTON module to perform measurements related to standards ANSI/CEA-2010-B , ANSI/CEA-2034  and IEC 60268-21 .